ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] To Comment "a.8" of 1.0 isses 20040721

Title: AW: [ubl] To Comment "a.8" of 1.0 isses 20040721
In reviewing the instance documents, this problem is more widespread than just local element declarations that are unqualified.  There are some other BBIEs that are also unqualified.  NDR intended for ALL elements to be qualified in the instance document regardless of their origin.

Mark

From: Stuhec, Gunther [mailto:gunther.stuhec@sap.com]
Sent: Mon 7/26/2004 7:12 AM
To: 'jon.bosak@sun.com'
Cc: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: AW: [ubl] To Comment "a.8" of 1.0 isses 20040721

Hello Jon,

I said in comment "a.8" that some ag names are prefixed by namespace prefix and others not. Sorry that was a mistake from my side. Because I have seen now, that this schema-representation comes from rule [ELD2] "All element declarations MUST be global with the exception of ID and Code which MUST be local.". This requires implicitly that the local declared element must be prefixed, if the elements are qualified (See rule [GXS1] "UBL Schema MUST conform to the following physical layout as applicable:").

But I have to say anyway that these rules confuse the implementors and the users. I got many questions about this from some colleagues. They can't understand, why the handling of elements are different.

Kind regards,

        Gunther