ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Naming of the Order Response document type

Monica J. Martin wrote:

> In addition, a party has the capability to either accept or reject an
> order. In business, that does not seem to indicate that rejection is a
> counter-offer?

Monica, I think you read my comment somewhat strange, as commented a
counter-offer usually corresponds to rejection+new offer.

> Anders, can you articulate what differences in format what you call an
> Order Acceptance or Rejection would be, if any?

Could you laborate on format ?

I suggest you reread
1.United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of
Goods (Vienna 1980) ("CISG")
<http://www.ebxml.nu/en/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=15>
2. UN/CEFACT Recommendation 31: ELECTRONIC COMMERCE AGREEMENT
<http://www.ebxml.nu/en/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=14>

and UN Rec 26 and UN/CITRAL Model law for eCommerce for normative
references. I hope find you most answers there. They constitute good 'n
easy reading. Without checking I belive that US has signed of on a few
of above conventions.

Are you suggesting that above referenced conventions and model law are
not relevant for Global eCommerce? If so then it would beneficial for us
all to be informed of your hierachy of legal sources so we can consider
them for standardization work?

Thanks
/anders

--