ubl message

Subject: Last-minute Copenhagen updates

Hello UBL TC,

Illness and equipment problems have kept me unable to connect to
the internet till just today (Sunday), so I have had quite a bit
to catch up with.

Two items, one for those who will be attending the Copenhagen
meeting in person and one for those intending to participate by
phone.

For people attending in person, I am delighted to announce that
Mikkel Hippe Brun has returned to the National IT and Telecom
Agency in Denmark from his parental leave, and has convinced the
agency to host a reception for the UBL TC Tuesday (August 17th)
from 5 to 6:30 p.m.  This event, which Mikkel says will take place
within walking distance of our meeting site at the Danish Bankers
Association, will be a casual style reception with sandwiches,
wine, beer, fruit and snacks. In attendance will be the Director
of the Agency, Joergen Abild, together with two other directors
from the Agency and the Ministry of Science, Technology and
Innovation plus members of the the Danish eBusinessgroup and other
of Mikkel's colleagues from the Agency and the Ministry.  Welcome
back, Mikkel!

Most of the people intending to participate by phone are already
well aware of the problems we frequently encounter in trying to
provide phone access, but they should be on notice that tomorrow's
call will very likely start a bit late and (if the equipment
obtained for it proves incompatible) may not occur at all.  Since
almost all of the Monday plenary consists of reports that will be
provided later as slides, this worst case should not prove a
disaster, but you should not be surprised if it takes several
tries to get in.  Tuesday we will probably have to change
equipment again, so there may be problems with that call, too; we
will just have to hope for the best.

Jon