ubl message

Subject: EDIFIX

Dear all
below is my account of what I understood being proposed by Michael Dill
and his GEFEG colleagues. If there are questions or clarifications
required on what I have captured below please mail the list so that
Michael and Sylvia will be able to respond.

------------------

The UBL TC would work directly with EDIFIX to edit/maintain the model,
EDIFIX will auto-generate from this input the XSD and spreadsheets. The
spreadsheets are published, the XSD output will be used to generate the
UML, ASN.1 etc. The spreadsheets will be used by the localization
subcommittees for their localization work. The localization
spreadsheets will not be stored or imported in to EDIFIX.

All new submissions from external organizations to UBL will be in
spreadsheet format (in a UBL determined format) and will be imported in
to EDIFIX. This will have QA benefits as any discrepancies or failures
to import will point to problems with the source spreadsheets,
additionally, the EDIFIX generated spreadsheets will be provided back
to the submitting organisation so that they can see any differences
between their spreadsheet input and the Edifix spreadsheet output.

EDIFIX would be made available free of charge to those members of the
TC that would need to work with it.

This approach is being put forward for 1.1 only of UBL.

Regards
Mavis