ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Fw: [ubl-ssc] schema comparison for final build

Thanks, Stephen, for all your work validating these final versions (and
all your prior efforts leading up to this as well!).

The SSC can now report that validation has occurred on both the new UDT
schemas and further testing was performed on the new schema set
delivered by David, as well as on the old schema set with David's new
UDT schemas replacing the old UDT schema.  The attached schema report
includes line-by-line diffs on the old and new UDT schemas.  This should
enable anyone in NDR to confirm that the changes to this schema meet the
expectations of the last discussions in Copenhagen on the conformance to
CDT9 and CDT10.

The SSC finds the latest schemas to be ready for release.
However, the changes discussed above have created a need for
regeneration of the ASN.1 schemas.
Paul Thorpe has agreed to one more ASN.1 run, and will contact Jon
directly to coordinate this.

It's the view of the SSC that no more changes to the existing schemas
are necessary - that these schemas have been adequately verified based
on the testing done on the 17 August versions and this week's
verification of the package with the new udt schemas.  We recommend to
the TC that these be released as the final CD to OASIS.

It would be very useful if everyone who can would continue testing, as
anything we find can then be put on the 1.1 list.

Thanks very much.  Hopefully by this time next week we'll be thinking
about 1.1!

- Anne, Stephen, and SSC participants

Stephen Green wrote:

> Thanks Anne for testing the new UDT Schemas (sent by David
> on 2004-08-24 as an update to those in the set of Schemas sent
> on 2004-08-17). Anne checked that no other differences existed
> when compared with the earlier ones - using a text comparison tool.
> Anne confirmed that the results showed no differences other than those
> required (i.e. simpleTypes rather than complexTypes for certain UDTs).
>
> I too can confirm that substituting these 2004-08-24 UDT Schemas
> (xsd and xsdrt versions) for the UDT Schemas in the earlier 2004-08-17 set
>still
> resulted in 100% validation (with XML Spy 2004) of all the document
> test instances I sent out earlier. This is one test of XSD compliance and
> compares with similar results of validation with various validators
>performed
> on the earlier 2004-08-17 Schemas.
>
> These 2004-08-24 UDT Schemas therefore seem reliable and valid by XSD
> and NDR requirements, and more so compared with the 2004-08-17 Schemas
> thoroughly reviewed and tested during the Copenhagen plenaries.
> They have further compliance to the NDR rules (and design intentions) in
> their use of simpleTypes, compared with the 2004-08-17 UDT Schemas.
>
> Hopefully Jon can now add these UDT Schemas to those in the existing
> package, pending any further validation, etc in the meantime.
>
> All the best
>
> Stephen Green
>

>PS
>The way these UDT Schemas were attached before made them possibly lose some
>formatting when saved from the e-mail so I've wrapped them in a zip file
>(extension
>changed to .zzz for mailserver reasons) and attached them here again.

The schemas created at the end of the F2F (sent by Stephen on 17 Aug)
have been diffed against the subsequent schemas sent by David on 24 Aug.
Only one schema file was changed - the Unspecialized Datatype schema.
This was changed by David to fix the problem raised by the NDR team
on the last evening of the F2F - the fix brought the schemas into
compliance with the following two NDRs:

  [CTD9] Every unspecialised Datatype that represents a primary
  representation term whose corresponding ccts:CCT is defined as
  an xsd:simpleType MUST also be defined as an xsd:simpleType
  and MUST be based on the same xsd:simpleType.

  [CTD10] Every unspecialised Datatype that represents a secondary
  representation term whose corresponding ccts:CCT is defined as an
  xsd:simpleType MUST also be defined as an xsd:simpleType and MUST
  be based on the same xsd:simpleType.

The fix produced changes to the following UDT Primary Representation Term
types, according to [CTD9]:

  DateTimeType
  IndicatorType
  NumericType

and UDT Secondary Representation Term types, according to rule [CTD10]:

  DateType
  TimeType
  PercentType
  RateType
  ValueType

as in

  <xsd:complexType name="DateTimeType">
    <xsd:simpleContent>
      <xsd:extension base="cct:DateTimeType"/>
    </xsd:simpleContent>
  </xsd:complexType>

became

  <xsd:simpleType name="DateTimeType">