ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Treasury Tag Pattern: to 'glue' two instances having different schemas

Duane

I hope my last message which crossed
in the post with yours answers this.

The two schemas are the large group
(125 Kb) of XBRL-GL taxonomy schemas
and either of the even larger UBL schemas
(document plus its imports).

So yes they are large and would be best
imported. Validation would be nice but
XSLT is more important (for back-office
integration). Other forms of validation
could be used or the instances could be
split prior to validation.

Storage might involve separating the
instances but they might need to be
kept together until that stage (hence
not using MIME). It might be that
storing the instances together would
in some cases be an advantage.

The essential aspect is that the messages
may well pass from a party to an
external party or a number of parties
(banks, archive bodies, ASPs, central
 department finance systems, reports to
 tax bodies, accountants, auditors, etc)
and being able to send the same message
format to all these would be important
to keep costs down. Ultimately it would
be nice for the combined payloads to be
so well established that off-the-shelf
software becomes available (this would
help where high street accountants are
involved and small business, charities, etc)
using this format (combination of formats).

All the best

Steve