ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 20 July 2005

AGENDA FOR ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15H00 - 17H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 20 JULY 2005
   08h00 - 10h00 Wed San Francisco
   11h00 - 13h00 Wed Washington
   16h00 - 18h00 Wed London
   STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
   U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
   Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
   Access code: 5705229

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)
   Liaison reports
   Subcommittee reports
   Team reports
   Review of Pacific and Europe/Asia calls

DISCUSSION OF SUBSTITUTION GROUPS

   See thread in this week's email.  We need to understand this
   thoroughly before coming to a final decision in Ottawa.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   PENDING ACTION: Someone needs to compare our spreadsheets with
   the ones required by TBG17 following the TBG17 discussion 7/14.

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to review the current TC process and
   determine whether the SBS should be moved forward as a
   committee draft or a committee specification, the primary
   requirement being for a persistent URL.

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to contact KRLSC to see whether the June
   2006 meeting can be hosted in Seoul.

      longer relevant.  We will discuss meeting schedules in
      Ottawa.

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to seek a host for a March 2006 meeting in
   Brussels.

   PENDING ACTION: JonB to revise the FAQ linked from the UBL TC
   page.

NDR WORK SESSION

Here is a list of what we said we needed to do this week:

   Discuss use of ATG2 data type schemas; check on the status of
   CCTS schemas wrt attributes needed for UBL.

      [TimM will provide input; see Pacific minutes.]

   Continue the discussion of ANY and the other requests from
   BryanR, to wit:

      (1) A reconsideration of our prohibition of XSD ANY, because
      there are regional laws requiring the inclusion of specific
      information, and we need an extensible content area to
      handle this; (2) Restrictions on strings in UBL content to
      ensure that the content consists of more than white space,
      for example through length or minlength facets [MG: This may
      relate to the CCTS schema item.]; (3) Reconsideration of our
      prohibition of appinfo, because there are many cases where
      one element is conditional on another; this would give
      Scehamatron (for example) the data it needs to do
      conditional/contextual validation.

   Formulate a specific question or set of questions regarding
   CCTS compliance. [Probably not necessary.]

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC