OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 25|26 July 2005

00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 26 JULY 2005


   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Micah Dubinko
   Stephen Green
   Ken Holman
   Sylvia Webb


   JB: Anne Hendry will be joining us in Ottawa.

   KH: We need to hear of plans for this meeting from anyone who
   hasn't already let us know.

   JB: Note that as always, there will be no TC phone calls the
   week before our F2F (that is, next week) or the week following
   the F2F (that is, the week of 15-19 August).


   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)


   Liaison report: Tax XML TC

      SW: The next monthly meeting is this Thursday.

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      KH: The SC meets tomorrow night.  Is the list of documents now set?

      JB: Yes, the doc types for phase 1 have been agreed upon.

      KH: Now we need help with mappings to the UNLK forms.  To
      start with, how can we find out which UNLK forms correspond
      with the new UBL documents?

      JB: Sue should know.

      ACTION: KH to check with SP for information about UNLK

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      JB: The vote to approve the SBS as a CD ends Wednesday.

      SW: Why was "abstain" not an option?

      JB: I don't approve of allowing "abstain" in "full majority"
      (aka "absolute majority") votes.  In a regular majority
      vote, where the majority is defined as more than half of all
      those casting a vote, "abstain" makes sense because it
      records your participation in the vote but doesn't count
      toward approval or disapproval.  But in a "full majority"
      ("absolute majority") vote, majority is defined as more than
      half of all the voting members, whether they vote or not.
      In that case, there is no such thing as opting out of the
      vote, because any member not voting is counted as voting
      "no" for purposes of determining the question.  I don't like
      presenting people with an option that looks like they're not
      taking sides when actually they are.  If they are going to
      act in a way calculated to defeat the question, they ought
      to come out and vote "no" rather than hiding behind a fig

      SW: Doesn't a "no" vote require that you give reasons?

      JB: It could be set up that way, but it wasn't.  If people
      would prefer in the future to set up "full majority" votes
      to allow abstentions and require reasons for a "no" vote, I
      can change this policy.

      ACTION: JB to contact Altova to update them on SBS progress
      and clarify their requirements.

   Subcommittee report: SSC

      SG: Brief meeting, discussed a few things, no action.

   Team reports


   Review of Eurasia and Atlantic TC minutes

      No comments.


   PENDING ACTION: SylviaW to convey the SBS Invoice to the Tax
   XML TC and solicit their feedback.

      SW: Will be done at the monthly meeting this week.


   PENDING ACTION: TM to send email to the ubl list identifying
   the two problems we see with the current ATG2 draft CCTS
   schemas (issue 23, code list version id, and 27, structures of
   quantity amount and measure) and prepare a position statement
   to serve as a basis for escalation to ATG2.

      ACTION: JB to send Tim a reminder.

   SG: Any comments on Credit Note?

   It appeared that no one had had a chance to read it.

   SG: It's very important that we establish how to go on from
   these billing docs to the others so that other groups can use
   the BIEs.  We don't need to formally approve the docs, just
   agree that they are sufficiently realistic to base the other
   docs on the same BIEs.

   ACTION: SW to review the billing docs this week.

   SG: We also need to sign off on the tax BIEs.

   SW: This will be discussion on Thursday in the Tax XML TC
   meeting.  We should be able to at least get feedback in the
   mail before Ottawa.

   KH: Now 18 docs up from 8...

   SG: Credit Note is probably the most important.  It's similar
   to remittance and almost identical to Debit Note.

Jon Bosak

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]