ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 27 July 2005

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15H00 - 17H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 27 JULY 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Marty Burns
   Anne Hendry
   Bryan Rasmussen
   Zarella Rendon
   Paul Thorpe
   Sylvia Webb

Note that this is our last Atlantic TC call till 24 August.

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)

      None.

   Liaison reports

      None.

   Subcommittee reports

      Nothing to add to Pacific call.

   Team reports

      None.

   Review of Pacific and Europe/Asia calls

      No comments.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   PENDING ACTION: Code list team to investigate whether it is necessary
   for us to embed substition groups in code lists in order for a
   customizer to extend the code lists.

BILLING DOCUMENTS

   JB: It's essential to get a review of SG's drafts of the
   two preliminary billing documents (Invoice and Credit Note):

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00150.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00151.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00158.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00159.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00160.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00161.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00162.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00163.html

   SW: Have started a review; looks good so far, with the
   excecption of incomplete items that SG has noted.  Hope to have
   review done today, then provide missing tax pieces after
   Thursday's Tax XML meeting.

DISCUSSION OF CODE LISTS

   JB: What needs to be settled to have the code list schema
   architecture for 2.0?

   MB: We just need to know if substitution groups can be
   implemented without defining an abstract substitutable class.
   So far we haven't been able to do this in a way that's
   acceptable to Oxygen and the msxml parser.  This appears to be
   the only issue that needs resolution before we can create code
   lists for 2.0.  If we can't find an alternative, then we're
   back to the proposed abstract type.

   JB: So either we have a solution by the meeting in Ottawa or we
   have to choose between adopting the current proposal or making
   things difficult for users that need to update code lists.

   BR: We use Schematron to validate the structure of CVR
   (equivalent of U.S. SS number), so we wonder how useful it is
   to validate attribute content against an enumeration.  This
   useful for elements, not so much for attributes.

   MB: The goal is to have code lists usable for either attributes
   or elements.

   ACTION: TC to review the latest draft of the Code List Team's
   discussion paper before we meet in Ottawa.  Please use this PDF
   version so that we're all looking at the same line numbers:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00169.html

   MB: The mornings of August 10 and 11 look best for a phone
   discussion of code lists in Ottawa.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC