ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Transition Statement

Good morning Stig,

Is there any chance you would enlighten
me (and other seeking fully interoperable
and open e-commerce) what the difference
is between a proposed payload standard
and any other standard? I hope it isn't a
closed secret as many folks are hoping
for such a thing and might be seriously
disappointed if there is some reason the
powers that be are going to stop us getting
it, unless those powers are doing this in
our own interests of course.

All the best

Stephen Green

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stig Korsgaard" <STK@Finansraadet.dk>
To: <jon.bosak@sun.com>; <ubl@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 10:27 AM

Dear all,

I will not start debating the issues on the relationship between the groups
nor the policy involved. I will even agree to that ISO can decide whatever
they want to standardise.

But if the purpose of UBL is having ISO and 154 accepting the payload being
developed in UBL - or if that was the case for any other group - as official
standards, part of 15000 or not, I will fight against that as much as I can.
It contravene a longstanding and very sensible principle, to which there can
be raised a huge amount of arguments in support, that payloads are not being
officially standardised.

I am quiet frankly surprised Jon, that you will even raise that. The only
time I can remember that was done was early 90īs in CEN and it failed
horribly!

I do hope that UBL will reconsider this, should this be an official UBL
position.

Best Regards

Stig Korsgaard
M.Sc.E Standardisation Manager