ubl message

Subject: Namespace versioning

Title: LMI Research Institute Stationery
Greetings,

The reasoning for this change is that the types of changes we are allowing do not result in any collision of qualified names for our elements or attributes, hence versioning of the prefix part of the element name is unnecessary.

Further, unnecessary minor versioning causes problems for those folks who may want to use fully qualified element and attribute names in code.  I know we talked about this issue during last weeks F2F, but I don't think we ever reached resolution.

Mark
Mark R. Crawford
Senior Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC, UN/CEFACT Applied Technologies Group
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components

LMI Government Consulting
2000 Corporate Ridge
McLean, VA 22102-7805
703.917.7177 Phone
703.655.4810 Wireless
The opportunity to make a difference has never been greater.

www.lmi.org