ubl message

Subject: WG: [UNCEFACT-ATG] AW: [UNCEFACT-ATG] [ATG2] Datatype restrictions

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: UN/CEFACT Applied Technologies Group
[mailto:UNCEFACT-ATG@LISTS.UNECE.ORG]Im Auftrag von Michael Dill
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. August 2005 12:15
An: UNCEFACT-ATG@LISTS.UNECE.ORG

Mark,
the expertise to do so belongs rather to those who defined the restricted
ATG2 XSD:unqualified data types. And it seems to be  an ATG2 issue to
confirm that RESTRICTIONS from a CCTS:unqualified data type become ATG2
XSD:unqualified data types, and to define how the CCTS:unqualified data type
should look like.

IMO the user world will probably assume, that the content of something,
which is named 'unqualified data types' (the ATG2 XSD:unqualified data type
module) is as unrestricted as the CCTS:unqualified data types, where in
general in CCTS a restriction requires a qualification.

I learned from you that the ATG2 XSD:unqualified data types are just a
CEFACT XML specifique implementation of CCTS and that's why we (CEFACT)
cannot submit the list of CEFACT CCTS:??qualified data types [, which would
be the CCTS model aquivalent, from which a schema generation process can
derive the ATG2 XSD:unqualified data types] to an update of CCTS 2.xx.

My vision is that other XML dialects, especially XBRL, can be derived from a
CCTS data model, i.e. there they would build a NDR "CCTS data model to XBRL
XSD". GEFEG did a test and it seems, this idea could work. After this
answer, it is difficult for me to imagine how interoperability can be
achieved without having a common approach on data model level.

UNeDocsUK is doing the implementation verification and it is their decision
to do any IV notification on the ATG site. But this is a conceptual problem
and I see the ball in the basket of the ATG2 NDR project lead not that Ian
Hogg should be asked to do the work as an IV.

As you certainly know, UBL decided to use the ATG2 unqualified data types,
which is good. However, this issue is now an UBL issue as well. Please do
understand that I copy this email to those, who are touched by the issue.

regards,
Michael