ubl message

Subject: Setting a version attribute in instance documents for code lists

I have done some investigation into the code list version issue as a follow
up on my action item from last weeks Atlantic call. Mark Crawford asked us
to provide further documentation for the requirement that code list should
be associated with a version attribute.

In UBL 1.0 the optional attribute codeListVersionID can be used to indicate
the version of the code list. We are okay with this attribute being optional
as long as the codeListVersionID will still available as an attribute that
can be set with the new code list scheme using Schematron. For localization
where code liste may very well be extended and may not be all that static,
having a version attribute is very important.