ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 26|27 September 2005

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Stephen Green

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Liaison reports: Tax XML TC, ebBP TC

      None on the call.

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      JB: Altova will include the UBL 1.0 xsdrt schemas in the
      next major XML Spy release and bundle the 1.0 SBS into a
      following maintenance release.

      ACTION: JB to forward the Altova suggestion for inclusion in
      2.0.

   Team reports: Code List, Digital Signatures, Catalogue

      JB/SG: We're not sure about the status of the Catalogue
      content work and are wondering what's happening with the
      schemas.  Are we about to generate schemas from the
      spreadsheets just posted by PB?  We note that the 2.0 SBS
      work is dependent on the existence of schemas.

   Review of Atlantic and Europe/Asia calls

      No comments.

   Schedule review:
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200508/msg00167.html

      ACTION: JB to revise the UBL 2.0 schedule to separate the
      core 2.0 package from the informative materials.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: TM to document the spreadsheet structure and format by
   the first week of October.  This means a prose description of
   each column in the spreadsheets that we are now using.

      Pending.

   ACTION: GKH to write up the proposed methodology discussed in
   the Pacific TC call 9/21, including the distinction between
   subclasses 2a and 2b, and prototype the next version, keying on
   each datatype/information item pair.  (He will be in a plane
   during the meeting time this week but will provide all in
   mail.)

      Done.

THIS MEETING

   JB: GKH needs samples; see his message:

      A working prototype is being developed.  Any help would be
      appreciated if members could send me example instances to
      use as examples to be validated, which contexts in these
      instances could be used for examples, and genericode files
      of values themselves.  I'll try to work with Tony's files
      that create genericode files.

   ACTION: SG to think through an example business rule based on
   taxcode for later use in showing schematron applications.

   SG: For GKH, will try to develop a dummy pilot of one aspect of
   implementation, e.g. invoice, and from that identify which code
   would be typical.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC