ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] More code list questions about NDR, and about genericode

Title: Re: [ubl] More code list questions about NDR, and about genericode

Careful here. We talked about defining additional rules for code lists depending onour inal code list schema structure. We should not be making changes to our overall naming rules for codes and code types that differ from our rules for other types and elements we should also adhere to any names inherited from CCTS.
Mark R. Crawford
Senior Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee and OASIS Representative,
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC
Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT Applied Technologies Group
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Co-Chair ISO TC154 Subcommittee for ISO 15000-5
--
LMI Government Consulting
2000 Corporate Ridge
McLean, VA 22102-7805
703.917.7177 Phone
703.655.4810 Wireless
The opportunity to make a difference has never been greater
www.lmi.org

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
To: Universal Business Language <ubl@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thu Oct 13 11:15:31 2005

At 2005-10-13 10:04 -0400, Grimley Michael J NPRI wrote:
>I apologize for not responding sooner.

No apology necessary, Mike ... we are all (too) busy with (too) many things.

>The NDR Code List section has not been updated because we realized
>that it was a moving target.

That makes sense.

>Our intent was to let the members with code list 'smarts' determine
>the best method for creating and managing code lists. We would then
>create rules, based on their recommendations, to ensure consistency.

Okay, then, for UBL 2 perhaps those who are determining code list
semantics and labels (which does not include me, I'm just proposing a
methodology using the semantics and labels I'm given) can work on consistency.

To demonstrate my proposed methodology with UBL 1.0 I will follow my
earlier assumptions:

>At 2005-10-11 17:27 -0400, I wrote:
> >(1) for @xxxxxID remove "ID" and suffix with "Code..." from genericode
> >table above as appropriate
> >(2) for @xxxxxCode remove "Code" and suffix with "Code..." from
> >genericode table above as appropriate
> >(3) for <xxxxx> suffix with "code..." from genericode table above as
> >appropriate

Perhaps those determining the labels for code lists for UBL 2 can
bring them in line with genericode and look at consistency.

Thanks again, Mike!

G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0    +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc
Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal