ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] More code list questions about NDR, and about genericode

At 2005-10-13 10:04 -0400, Grimley Michael J NPRI wrote:
>I apologize for not responding sooner.

No apology necessary, Mike ... we are all (too) busy with (too) many things.

>The NDR Code List section has not been updated because we realized
>that it was a moving target.

That makes sense.

>Our intent was to let the members with code list 'smarts' determine
>the best method for creating and managing code lists. We would then
>create rules, based on their recommendations, to ensure consistency.

Okay, then, for UBL 2 perhaps those who are determining code list
semantics and labels (which does not include me, I'm just proposing a
methodology using the semantics and labels I'm given) can work on consistency.

To demonstrate my proposed methodology with UBL 1.0 I will follow my
earlier assumptions:

>At 2005-10-11 17:27 -0400, I wrote:
> >(1) for @xxxxxID remove "ID" and suffix with "Code..." from genericode
> >table above as appropriate
> >(2) for @xxxxxCode remove "Code" and suffix with "Code..." from
> >genericode table above as appropriate
> >(3) for <xxxxx> suffix with "code..." from genericode table above as
> >appropriate

Perhaps those determining the labels for code lists for UBL 2 can
bring them in line with genericode and look at consistency.

Thanks again, Mike!

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc