OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 21|22 November 2005

00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 22 NOVEMBER 2005


   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Stephen Green
   Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath
   Andy Schoka
   Kumar Sivaraman
   Sylvia Webb


   Additions to the calendar:

      GKH: SC34 meeting in Seoul: 2006.05.30-06.01

   Reports from XML 2005

      JB: Update on the Danish experience from MB et al.; UBL
      update from JB; GKH secures free use of Ibex XSL-FO
      formatter for UBL 1.0 documents.

      GKH: Can use same license to hardwire any stylesheets, so
      good for UBL 2.0 as well.  Now working on XML exposition
      stylesheets (to show UBL source).  HISC will create
      UNLK-like forms for 2.0 documents that don't have UNLK

      JB: Also starting work on OOB TPA for U.S. based on ABA
      Model TPA for EDI.

      TM: Note that UNECE also has a model trading partner

   Liaison report: Tax XML TC

      SW: Are waiting for us to give them draft set of schemas
      (Invoice) so that they can begin work on draft guidelines
      the first week of December.

   Liaison report: ebBP TC

      SG: Nothing new; helping them to update and improve the
      example in their specification.  It would be good if people
      could get the latest specification and look at the appendix
      -- now's the time if anyone has something to contribute.

   Liaison report: UN/CEFACT

      JB: The team will be meeting Wednesday; we are waiting for
      issues list from OASIS.

      TM: Have begun talking to Mark Palmer to start working out
      the implementation plan.

   Liaison report: X12

      KS: Scheduled to talk to Dan K. some time next week, will
      report back on that.

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      [See above under XML 2005 reports]

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      JB: Will schedule preliminary request for TC review in this
      week's Atlantic call.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      SW: Making good progress, but still some additional
      definitions and content to enter before we can generate
      schemas and spreadsheets for the entire TC; ad interim, PG
      will generate some output for Betty to start looking at WRT
      NDRs and give a visual check.  It will probably be 2-3 more
      weeks before something is ready for public review.  We need
      immediately an update to the NDR doc to reflect changes that
      SG has requested, wording WRT supplementary component
      definitions, and MB's proposal WRT code lists.

      ACTION: SW to put the NDR requests in email so that JB can
      put this in the Atlantic agenda for this week.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      TM: TSC have been working flat out for the last two weeks
      and are starting to get close to something that looks like
      final models.  We have the first draft of the spreadsheets
      for the extensions to the common library and are close to
      the final spreadsheets for the originally proposed four doc
      types (waybill, bill of lading, forwarding instruction,
      certificate of origin).  Confident that we will have final
      versions of those after the meeting Thursday.  Still working
      on the additional set; some may be considered variations of
      other doc types.  So expecting to have final spreadsheets
      for TC review of all the proposed docs in about 10 days.
      We're also working on documenting the process models, which
      is complicated by the fact that we don't have a single
      transportation process to cover due to the way the doc types
      were chosen, and we're also aligning the models with the
      UNTDED and the data model proposed by the WCO, using the
      document froom UN/CEFACT TBG3 that maps between them.  So we
      are still about a week behind PSC.

   Team report: Digital Signatures

      TM: PB has come up with a proposal that we can describe
      digsigs as a type of attachment and has outlined the plan to
      Singapore and HK; now waiting on PB to produce a populated
      instance, expected some time this week. So we may be able to
      incorporate some sort of digsigs in 2.0.

   Team report: Code Lists

      GKH: Waiting on TonyC's stylesheets to convert UBL 1.0 CLs
      to genericode format.

      SW/TM/GKH: It appears that MB is proposing changes that will
      require EF programming work.  We need to understand this.

      GKH: There are four things we need to deal with: 1. How do
      we go from spreadsheets to schemas; 2. How do we express
      code values (genericode, TonyC's AI); 3. How do we do a
      second validation pass (schematron, GKH's AI); 4. Choosing,
      categorizing, and enumerating the lists (content work).

   Review of Atlantic and Europe/Asia calls

      No comments.

   Schedule review

      TM: We are already generating schemas, so we will have
      already gone through a round of schema validation.  The
      bottleneck will be packaging.  We should still try to get
      the package into OASIS before Xmas.

      JB: I now think that the process diagrams should be
      normative, as they were in 1.0, in order to specify (e.g.)
      what "purchase order" means.

      TM: OK as long as there is not an implication that you have
      to run the process this way.  Something like "these models
      describe the normative semantics, but the models themselves
      are not normative."

      JB: Will take that as the starting point for the language.


   ACTION: SG and SW to create a UBL UDT spreadsheet that
   describes everything in the ATG2 UDT schema, ignoring what UBL
   currently has for UDT and QDT, and then create the UBL QDT
   using the same structure.

      SW: Still pending, but finally have everything I need.

   ACTION: SG and SW to manually update the CC parameter schema.

      SW: Need NDR change for this. In SG's example, changed
      Definition from mandatory to optional, and NDRs say it's
      mandatory. Also, "2.0" needs to change to "2".

   ACTION: TM to document the spreadsheet structure and format by
   first week of November.  This means a prose description of each
   column in the spreadsheets that we are now using.

      SW: Done.


   GKH: Starting to write up the CL validation methodology; what

   JB: Give us PDF.

Jon Bosak

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]