OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 10|11 April 2006

00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 11 APRIL 2006


   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Stephen Green
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Sylvia Webb


   Additions to the calendar:

      JB: Will be giving a UBL presentation at the SIIA "XML for
      the Financial Industry" Conference 3 May in Manhattan.

   Liaison report: ebBP TC

      SG: About to begin Committee Spec ballot.

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      JB: Balloting ends Tuesday; looks like UBL 1.0 SBS will
      become a Committee Spec.

   Liaison report: UN/CEFACT

      JB: Expect to put the proposal in front of the TC Thursday.

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      GKH: Meeting tomorrow... Waiting for input from Zarella.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      SW: PSC needs additional resources in processing comments if
      we're going to meet the deadline.

      JB: Sounds like we have a real problem here.

      SW: The PSC did start working on disposition of comments.
      There will be a revised list of comments to the full TC next
      week.  The TSC has reported problems with accessing email
      and the kavi repository; no one can access a document that
      has been uploaded to a folder that doesn't allow read
      access, and no one can change access settings on a folder
      once it's made.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      SW: The TSC have assigned work to review issues and should
      be starting this week.

   Review of Atlantic call

      Regarding the PI issue:

	 JB: "Creator" in the original proposal just means the
	 software.  This is just for debugging.  I did not make
	 that clear in the Atlantic TC minutes.

	 GKH: Then it's going to depend on whether the information
	 in the proposed PI is an information item properly
	 speaking or just an annotation.  If the absence of the PI
	 doesn't affect the information in the document instance
	 -- if its omission does not affect the meaning of the
	 document instance -- then a PI could be an appropriate
	 way of making an annotation.  But my comment [in email]
	 about the syntax still stands.

   Schedule review

      JB: Have begun attempts to test the proposed code list
      methodology but am having the usual problems setting up the
      xerces parser.  GKH and Norm Walsh are sending hints.


   ACTION: JB to ask MB about input on CL metadata.


   ACTION: SW to remind Howard Mason about input from ISO TC184.

      JB: The date for closing this review cycle has passed; we
      have to proceed on assumption that we won't be receiving
      anything substantive for 2.0.

   ACTION: TM to communicate back to those who submitted comments
   that we've closed the comment period and inform them of our
   schedule going forward.


   ACTION: JB to update the TC web site as soon as 1.0 SBS goes to

      Pending completion of the ballot.

   ACTION: JB to find meeting facilities in Montreal for August

      "Have sent mail to Ed Buchinski; no answer yet.  GKH and SW
      will try some contacts."

      GKH: We should look at all the contacts we can find, so
      follow up with cmsmcq and Murray Maloney as recommended in
      that Atlantic call.

   ACTION: JB to user-test GKH's draft 0.4 (see mail of 20 Feb
   with pointer to the repository).

      In progress.

   ACTION: JB to fit this into the support package schedule: add
   lines for PSC example instances, TSC example instances, 2.0 SBS
   for transport, UBP 2 for procurement, UBP 2 for transport.


Jon Bosak

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]