OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 17|18 April 2006

00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 18 APRIL 2006


   Tim McGrath(acting chair)
   Stephen Green
   G. Ken Holman
   Sylvia Webb
   Kumar Sivaraman
   Patrick Gannon
   Jamie  Clark


   Additions to the calendar:


   Liaison report: ebBP TC

      SG: seeking Implementation Verification Statements for BPSS 2.0 Committee Spec (question to Kama: are Crimson Logic using BPSS v2.0?)

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      SG: UBL 1.0 SBS is now a Committee Spec. The TC congratulates those involved especially Stephen Green for a job well done.

   Liaison report: UN/CEFACT

      TM: Outlined the draft proposal for future collaboration with UN/CEFACT. (see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200604/msg00051.html)
Jamie and Patrick discussed their views and noted suggestions from the OASIS board. It was agreed that this proposal did not cover any of the fine detail of how such an arrangement would pan out. KH and SG expressed concerns about the loss of identity for the UBL work within CEFACT.  SW cited the TaxXML TC as a another group that could be impacted by this arrangement.  TM described the PSC work with TBG1 as an example of how this could work.
The topic filled 1hours 45 minutes of the call but as it was general discussion there are no minutes.  It would be best if those who wanted to formally record comments did so using the mail list. It was left as an open discussion item.  We expect further debate on the Atlantic call this week and subsequent email discussions.  We will try to respond to OASIS and CEFACT before the end of next week.

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      GKH: (in absence) Reported "we anticipate losing committee member resources and that it looks like I will be taking on all of the effort for the output specifications ... thus the HISC package will likely not be ready for inclusion in the first support package."

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      SW: PSC review of issues is moving on.  A call later today/early tomorrow is scheduled.  Stephen was invited to participate and add his written comments to the issues spreadsheet.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      TM: The TSC have also started on their issues. Kama is managing this.  The TSc is going to propose a new document "Transportation Status" for inclusion in UBL 2.0.  This is being driven by a request from the US DoT EFM project team. Its inclusion is dependent on the final model being ready in time for review by the TC.

   Codelist report: JB is still testing the proposed code list methodology. Tony Coates has supplied GKH with what he needs to produce version 
0.5 of the code list value validation methodology, but he hasn't had the time to finish it.

   Review of Atlantic call - no comments

   Schedule review

      SW: reported the NDR issues have been resolved and we expect to be able to complete the scehma generation in time for the UBL 2.0 models being finalized (after Brussels).
      SG: will start work on SBS 2.0 to be included as part of the 2.0 package.  We discussed how we could make the SBS implementation verifiable (or normative) but are not sure we need to.


   No change to action item statuses...

   ACTION: JB to ask MB about input on CL metadata.


   ACTION: SW to remind Howard Mason about input from ISO TC184.

      JB: The date for closing this review cycle has passed; we
      have to proceed on assumption that we won't be receiving
      anything substantive for 2.0.

   ACTION: TM to communicate back to those who submitted comments
   that we've closed the comment period and inform them of our
   schedule going forward.


   ACTION: JB to update the TC web site as soon as 1.0 SBS goes to

      Pending completion of the ballot.

   ACTION: JB to find meeting facilities in Montreal for August

      "Have sent mail to Ed Buchinski; no answer yet.  GKH and SW
      will try some contacts."

      GKH: We should look at all the contacts we can find, so
      follow up with cmsmcq and Murray Maloney as recommended in
      that Atlantic call.

   ACTION: JB to user-test GKH's draft 0.4 (see mail of 20 Feb
   with pointer to the repository).

      In progress.

   ACTION: JB to fit this into the support package schedule: add
   lines for PSC example instances, TSC example instances, 2.0 SBS
   for transport, UBP 2 for procurement, UBP 2 for transport.


tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228  
postal: po box 1289   fremantle    western australia 6160
web: http://www.portcomm.com.au/tmcgrath

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]