ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 21 June 2006

AGENDA FOR ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15:00 - 17:00 UTC WEDNESDAY 21 JUNE 2006
   08:00 - 10:00 Wed San Francisco
   11:00 - 13:00 Wed New York
   16:00 - 18:00 Wed London
   17:00 - 19:00 Wed Copenhagen, Paris, Rome
   STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
   U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
   Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
   Access code: 5705229

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm
   Review of Pacific call
   Schedule review
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00107.html

MONTREAL UBL TC MEETING

   See report in Pacific call minutes.

NDR WORK SESSION

   We have at least two items to deal with.

   1. Duplicates and abbreviations in dictionary entry names:

         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/200606/msg00025.html

      From this week's Pacific call:

         SW: We used to have NDRs for getting rid of duplicates,
         but MarkC thought there was no need for a rule, CCTS
         should take care of it.  We disagree; the existing rules
         are not specific in terms of how to deal with duplicates.

         TM: There are actually two issues here: (1) how to deal
         with duplicates, and (2) how to deal with abbreviations
         (e.g., shorten "Identifier" to "ID", or where we have
         "text", drop it).  These rules are not part of CCTS.  We
         used to have such rules, but they were dropped at some
         point.

         JB: Can we just use the old language?

         TM: Mike and Mavis would know the best way to deal with
         this.

   2. QDT syntax

      The NDR editors need to look at the syntax of the QDT module
      included with the current schema build(s).  See action item
      on this in the Pacific call minutes.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: PB to ask TM for a copy of the liaison announcement,
   which he will then forward to Sweden and other interested
   participants.

   ACTION: JB to get new set of licenses from Altova.

      Pending.

   ACTION: PB to try to finish the resolution list Friday 9 June
   and send to the ubl list.

      Pending.

   ACTION: GKH to publish his paper on the subject of minor
   versioning and namespace URIs in the next day or so.  The TC is
   to study this, provide feedback in email, and be prepared to
   discuss it in the Atlantic TC call 21 June.

      The proposal has been withdrawn.

   ACTION: PB to request responses to Ken's paper from BR and MHB,
   particulary WRT requirements.

      Done.

OTHER BUSINESS

Jon Bosak