ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Proposed withdrawal of my NDR suggestions for ABIE extensibility

Hi Ken,

>(2) - any new minor versions add only
>optional
>constructs and don't change any existing >optional constructs to mandatory

Does that mean minor versions must include or redefine the immediately preceeding version? (import is not possible if the namespace URI is the same).

I noticed that REDEFINE does not work for library modules: For examle, a CBC2.1 that redefines CBC 2.0 is fine, but only until a CAC2.1 is importing the CBC2.1. CAC2.1 does then no longer validate because of the duplicates that exists due to the duplicate paths (and items) to CBC2.0, one via CAC2.0 to CBC2.0, the other via CBC2.1 to CBC2.0.

Therefore, is my conclusion correct that for library module minor versions only INCLUDE will work? (Unless I make a full copy of the preceeding version - which is probably not desirable)

On the document schemas however, the INCLUDE does not seem to make much sense, because I cannot modify any items of the preceeding version, nor can I define a like-named item. Here only the REDEFINE seems possible for modifying the necessary ABIE(s). Unless once again, I make a (undesirable) full copy of the document schema.

Are my assumptions correct and realistic?

Regards
Juerg