ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Agenda for Pacific UBL TC call 17|18 July 2006

In attendance:

Sylvia Webb
Tim McGrath (acting chair)
G. Ken Holman (minute taker)

At 2006-07-17 14:13 -0700, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>STANDING ITEMS
>
>    Additions to the calendar:
>       http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

Nothing to add.

>    Liaison report: Tax XML TC

Meeting next week.

>    Liaison report: ebBP TC

No report.

>    Subcommittee report: SBSC

Sample instances have been massaged into PRD2.

>    Liaison report: UN/CEFACT

Have been discussions between Mark Leitch and
Freddy de Vos about arranging a meeting 24-27
July 2006.  On the agenda is to finalize
timetable and programme for convergence.

>    Liaison report: X12

Nothing to report.

>    Subcommittee report: HISC

Nothing to report.

>    Team report: Code Lists

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200607/msg00091.html

(1a) - yes, map "?ContentType" to "?Type"
(1b) - remove AcknowledgementResponseCodeType
(2) - yes
(3) - remove version from empty lists
     - ACTION: TM - post revised version numbers for lists of codes
     - ACTION: SW - confirm that listVersionID for UN/CEFACT currency list
                    is 2001
     - ACTION: GKH - change listSchemeURI in XSD for CurrencyCode to
                     match UN/CEFACT for CurrencyCodeType
     - ACTION: TM  - change listSchemeURI in spreadsheets for CurrencyCode
                     to match UN/CEFACT for CurrencyCodeTYpe
(4) - ACTION: GKH keep language code because they
may be used in a customization
     - ACTION: SW - why is CCTS parameters file empty of XSD constructs?
     - ACTION: TM - document use of these two files

Summary action: TM to post his changes, then GKH
to post new cl/ directory and document the impact of the changes.

>    Subcommittee report: PSC

Not met and will not meet again until 31 July 2006.

>    Subcommittee report: TSC

Not met and will meet 20 July 2006.

>    Review of Atlantic call

No comments.

>    Schedule review

JB Off-line comments:

        Today (Monday): Sanity check to TC.

        DONE

        Monday/Tuesday: Discussion in Pacific Call (Tim will chair, Ken
        will help; Jon will be in transit).

        DONE

        Tuesday: Changes as needed.

        ACTION ITEMS ASSIGNED TO TM, SW and GKH

        Wednesday: Signoff in Atlantic TC call.  Start PRD2 CD ballot.

        CD BALLOT FOR 15 DAYS - COMPLETED MID-WEEK BEFORE MONTREAL FACE-TO-FACE
        FOR END OF SECOND PUBLIC REVIEW

TM: We (committee) then dispose of comments in Montréal face-to-face.

SW: We (GEFEG) need at least one week in order to
produce new schemas from GEFEG/FX, but actually
time needed cannot be estimated without knowing what has to change.

TM: We (committee and GEFEG) have about four
weeks to bring NDR and GEFEG/FX up to date to
reproduce what we have produced for today's schema files.

SW: We (GEFEG) need issues list and updated NDR to proceed with tool changes.

>PUBLIC REVIEW #2
>
>    For discussion: sanity check at
>
>    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/19176/2-prd2-sanity1.zip

All of us will work through it.

>URGENT NDR ISSUES
>
>    These two NDRs contradict one another:
>
>       [ELD12] The 'UBL Extension' element MUST be declared as the
>       first child of the document element with xsd:minOccurs="0".
>
>       [IND7] All UBL instance documents MUST include an element
>       named "UBLVersion" as the first child of its root
>       element. The value of this element MUST match the value of
>       the xsd:version attribute of its controlling schema.
>
>    We need to decide which one of these is mandated to be first
>    and which is mandated to be second.

This is an editorial oversight.  The UBL
Extension element is first and the UBL Version
element is second and the others follow accordingly.

>    Follow up in the Atlantic call.
>
>    There are some other issues that may profitably be discussed
>    depending on call participation.  As far as I know, none of
>    them impact PRD2.

SW: GEFEG needs major update to NDR regarding extensions.

ACTION: GKH to post prose for consideration by
NDR editors to reflect decisions resulting in the existing schemas.

>ACTION ITEM REVIEW
>
>    ACTION: GKH to provide revised defaultCodeList.xsl and new cl/
>    directory by the end of the week.
>
>       Done.

Decisions tonight require revision to cl/
directory ... GKH to post new directory.  TM on
critical path for these changes.

>    ACTION: Everyone to review the correspondence between SG and
>    GKH and decide the file name issue in the Atlantic call
>    Wednesday.
>
>       Done.

SW: NDR needs to be updated to reflect the
decision to use 2.0 in file names and information
items but not in namespace URI strings.

>    ACTION: JB to ask Alan whether it's possible to provide sample
>    documents and scenarios.
>
>       SG provided sample instances, so Done for PRD2.

ACTION TM: Some assembly required for reflecting
scenario in instances (or the other way around).

>    ACTION: NDR editors to look at the syntax of the QDT for
>    ChannelCode and tell TM whether this is a legal restriction.
>
>       Pending.

TM: This is overcome by events.

SW: NDR states that qDT shall be created from the
uDT with at least one restricted supplementary
component for semantic restriction.

TM: Restriction here is along the lines of
"taking a generic set of values and restricting
that to only the ones specified for a code list"
... a restriction in terms of content not of structure.

>    ACTION: TM to mail comment submitters with disposition of
>    comments.
>
>       Pending.

OTHER BUSINESS:

ACTION SW: Need to review qDT spreadsheet structure (column W) for FX import.

Call ended after 1 hour and 35 minutes.

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04