ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] NDR Rules ELD12 and IND7

At 2006-07-18 08:13 +0100, Mavis Cournane wrote:
>I have been following the discussion with regard
>to these two conflicting rules
>>
>>       [ELD12] The 'UBL Extension' element MUST be declared as the
>>       first child of the document element with xsd:minOccurs="0".
>>
>>       [IND7] All UBL instance documents MUST include an element
>>       named "UBLVersion" as the first child of its root
>>       element. The value of this element MUST match the value of
>>       the xsd:version attribute of its controlling schema.
>I am finding the re-specifying of IND7 a little
>tricky - the UBL extension element will always
>be the first child declared, however,
>I find it tricky to say that the UBL version
>will be the second child because it will be the
>first child if the UBL extension element is not used.
>
>Would we want something like
>  [IND7] All UBL instance documents MUST include an element
>       named "UBLVersion" as the first child of its root
>       element, except in  the case of
> extension, where the 'UBL Extension' element is
> used. In the case of extension the UBLVersion
> element MUST be the second child of the
> document element. The value of this UBLVersion element MUST match the value of
>       the xsd:version attribute of its controlling schema.
>
>It seems long winded to me.
>
>Any recommendations?

I'm comfortable about the text regarding position.

The last sentence regarding version= of
<xsd:schema> (which, BTW, is not actually
specified using xsd:version=, but that's what I'm
assuming is being referenced) was just brought to my attention.

The schemas from GEFEG currently state:

   <xsd:schema ... version="2">

Lines 735-738 of NDR-2006-07-12-unmarked.doc
states that "combined major and minor version
information is captured within the xsd:version
attribute of the xsd:schema element."

And rule VER12 would indicate this has to be version="2.0".

I will add this to my massaging stylesheets
unless someone speaks up and tells me I'm missing something.

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04