ubl message

Subject: Versioning of the IDD spreadsheets

Hi folks,

Jon's agenda reminds me to post a concern I have with the IDD
spreadsheets.  I've been working with these spreadsheets over the
weekend and I was mislead by cell "E1".

The formula for "E1" is "=NOW()" which isn't very useful.  When I
first saw this cell value I understood it to be a version indication
of the spreadsheet contents.  When I opened the spreadsheet the next
day, magically it looked like I had an updated version!

Versioning the spreadsheet contents will be important, especially
since we have to change one of the cells of one of the spreadsheets.

I would suggest that the date in the cell be hardwired to either the
date submitted by the respective LC or the date accepted by the TC or
some other static date.  This will allow us to compare two found
spreadsheets for change in version.

A version number like "0.1" or "1.0" would also be useful in one of the cells.

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc