ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 18 July 2007

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 18 JULY 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Mavis Cournane
   Tommy Lyons
   Zarella Rendon

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

   Support page maintenance

      No submissions this week.

UBL TC MEETING IN STOCKHOLM 24-28 SEPTEMBER 2007

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200706/msg00000.html

   Members planning to attend should contact TM per the message
   above in order to register with UN/CEFACT.

   Attendance so far:

      Attending: TM, AS, GKH, MC, KSH, ML, TL
      Not attending: JB, BH, ZR
      UBL TC members present but in CEFACT plenary: TonyC, unknown
         PSC members

   ACTION: TL to let TM know that he already has UN/CEFACT
   registration as a representative of US DoD.

   Agenda so far (note that the TC will be meeting in plenary all
   day Monday):

      Calculation models (GKH)
      Customization

ATLANTIC ACTION ITEMS FROM MANHATTAN

   ACTION: GKH to write up the "Candidate Decision Regarding Code
   List Support" as amended 10 May 2007 (see minutes referenced
   above).

      Pending.

   ACTION: JB to minute the one nonsubstantive spreadsheet error
   found so far (the entry for BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA in
   CountryIdentificationCode-2.0.gc is broken) and send a message
   to this effect to ubl-dev.

      Pending; notes on this from the last Atlantic call:

      /============================================================
      | GKH: The BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA item is a code list error,
      | not a spreadsheet error.
      |
      | AS: The Locode file is missing a subdivision column,
      | resulting in (for example) multiple locations named
      | "Columbus" with no way to disambiguate them.
      |
      | Summary of the tasks to be done under this heading:
      |
      |  - BOSNIA error: Note publicly and also include in code list
      |    revision.
      |
      |  - Waybill spreadsheet: cell A4 has the UBLName "false";
      |    this should be the word "CustomizationID".  Disposition:
      |    probably a candidate for "approved erratum"
      |    (nonsubstantive, because this is done correctly in the
      |    schema).
      |
      |  - Code lists to update in the code list revision: Locode,
      |    rec20 (Units of Measure), rec24 (Transport Status).
      \============================================================

      See also notes from GKH in

         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00015.html
         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00020.html

      and add the typo in UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0.xls, Q99.

      JB: Will probably wait another few weeks to see whether any
      other fixes turn up.

   ACTION: MG to investigate the impact of GKH's proposed
   namespace-based versioning mechanism on the NDR.  AGREED that
   if no critical problems are found in this investigation, we
   will adopt GKH's proposal for namespace-based versioning, as
   contained in

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23654

      Continuing to track this; BH is looking at this as well.

TRACKING ITEM

   We need a decision from the OASIS CLR TC regarding the transfer
   of the code list methodology out of the UBL TC before we can
   begin issuing code list support updates.

TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   AGREED to skip next week's Atlantic call.

   This means that next week's Pacific call (to be chaired by TM)
   will formally be a work session, not an actual TC meeting.

   So here's the meeting schedule for the next few weeks:

      2007.07.23|24 Pacific -- meet in work session, no Atlantic
      2007.07.30|31 Pacific and 2007.08.01 Atlantic -- SKIP
      2007.08.06|07 Pacific and 2007.08.08 Atlantic -- MEET

OTHER BUSINESS

   Initial thoughts about the 2008 TC meeting schedule:

      January 2008 in Manhattan

      April 2008 in Europe [or technical interim meeting in
      Ithaca]

      August 2008 in Montréal (JB and MC are really quite firm
      about this one)

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC