ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 21 November 2007

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tony Coates
   Mike Grimley
   Betty Harvey
   John Schwarz
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      BH: Add ZR and BH to XML 2007 attendees.

   Review of Pacific call (except items noted below)

      No comments.

   Support page maintenance

      None this week.

2008 TC WORK SCHEDULE

   See Pacific minutes.  Specific items discussed in the Atlantic
   call:

   TARGETING COMMITTEE SPECIFICATIONS

      AGREED.

   SCHEDULE FOR UPDATE PACKAGE

      "AGREED to move final build of 2.0UP to 1/14 and approval of
      PRD to 1/28, i.e., approve the UP PRD at the meeting in
      Manhattan."

      JB: Note that this means that we have to be quorate, so I'll
      be looking closely at voting membership vs. planned
      attendance as we approach the meeting date.

      AGREED.

   SCHEDULE FOR UBL 2.1

      AGREED.

   SCHEDULE FOR UBL 2.0 NAMING AND DESIGN RULES

      "GKH/TM: We need to add a section to the NDR to document
      instance-level code list metadata: list ID, list version ID,
      etc.  With code lists, UBL is defining values, and we need a
      section describing the metadata for those values.  GKH has
      done this for CVAs and is prepared to help MG/MC with the
      task."

      AGREED to include the new item and finish up in Manhattan.

      ACTION: JB to propose scheduling for the item above (and
      editorial inputs) in the next version of the spreadsheet for
      review in the Pacific call.

   SCHEDULE FOR CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

      AGREED to finish up Chapter 1 in Manhattan.

      ACTION: JB to revise schedule accordingly.

   OTHER INPUT

      None.

UPDATE PACKAGE

   JB: The JPLSC review includes some excellent comments on
   editorial issues.  Many of the other suggestions cannot be
   implemented until the next major release.

   SW: However, some of those comments could be incorporated into
   our input to TBG17.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   No one on this call saw a problem with scheduling the meeting
   in Rome for 14-18 April 2008.  This will be revisited in next
   week's call.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   See Pacific minutes (no change).

OTHER BUSINESS

   SW: WRT to the tracking item below -- this should say
   "Community of Practice" rather than "Community of Interest."
   The former is the one that's open to both public sector and
   private sector participation.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

FEDERAL COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE

   Will be on the Atlantic agenda starting with the
   call of 11/28 in hopes of involving SW, TL, AS, and BH.