ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 20 February 2008

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 20 FEBRUARY 2008

ATTENDANCE

   Peter Borresen
   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Mavis Cournane
   Betty Harvey
   Zarella Rendon
   Andy Schoka
   Larry Tanner

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

   Liaison report: X12 meeting (Lyons/Webb)

      ACTION: LT to ask TL if he can join us to talk about the X12
      meeting.

   Liaison report: CEN/ISSS BII Workshop

      Progress is good.  We have two working editors and phone
      meetings every week.  We have produced the first draft
      profiles for Scanned Invoice and Customs Bill; Advanced
      Procurement is coming later.  A report on tools is expected
      by the end of March.  The agenda is in place for our public
      meeting 31 March at the Hilton Hotel in Copenhagen
      (http://www.en.ds.dk/4141); speakers will include the ITST
      director and representatives of IBM, UNISYS, CEN, and the
      European Commission. We are beginning to see participation
      from GS1 Europe, and some banks are starting to consider UBL
      implementation. The Commision has started their own pilot
      based on NES.

   Support page maintenance

      No submissions this week.

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

   ACTION (2/13): AS to send revised graphic to MG.

      Done.

   ACTION (2/13): JB to add the Customization Document as a
   tracking item.

      Done.

   STATUS (2/13): "Draft is with MC, awaiting her review."

      MC: Have given comments back to MG; understanding is the
      we've implemented feedback from Friday in Manhattan and put
      graphic from AS in; MG has master copy.

      PB: Hope to find time to give feedback in the next couple of
      weeks.

      JB: Think that we can post a new draft?

      MC: Yes, but will check with MG.

UBL 2.0 NDR EDITORIAL REVIEW

   We're picking this up to move toward second public review and
   final publication.  This week we were to review the first half
   of the UBL 2.0 NDR document (pages 1-20 of the PDF version);
   see

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200802/msg00028.html

   We had hoped in this first session to cover formatting issues
   arising from Docbook/PDF conversion as well as editorial
   issues, but an unavoidable last-minute change of schedule has
   forced a postponement.  The work session is now scheduled for
   the Atlantic TC meeting of 5 March.

   NOTE that we need to add a section on code list metadata.

BOLOGNA MEETING PLANNING

   AGREED to add these to items from the May 2007 TC meeting in
   Manhattan to the agenda for Bologna:

      ACTION: PSC and TSC to provide feedback on UBL 2.0 SBS 2.0:

         http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/23873

      ACTION: PSC and TSC to summarize business rules that are (1)
      wanted in UBL but not allowed by [i.e., capable of being
      addressed by] the NDR (e.g., requirement to include one of
      PartyName and PartyIdentifier but not both) and (2) data
      items whose constraints are inherited from another standard
      (e.g., lengths of data items specified by UNTDED); the rules
      so identified to become candidates for a list of schematron
      assertions "recommended to be included" (final
      characterization TBD).

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   See Pacific minutes.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE