ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 28 May 2008

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 28 MAY 2008

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Peter Borresen
   Tony Coates
   Betty Harvey

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

   Support page maintenance
      No submissions this week.  Note that this is being
      transitioned to ubl.xml.org.

UBL 2.1

   ACTION (4/30): PB to send updated CEN BII meeting dates.

   PB: Will know schedule after meeting this week; expect to have
   revised meeting dates by next Atlantic con call.  A day has
   been added to the next F2F: now 11-13 June rather than 11-12
   June.

FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS TASK GROUP

   PB: Financial group in DK interested in participating.  We keep
   running into concerns that UBL is developing new financial
   document types in competition with existing standards.

   JB: We have stated very clearly and publicly that this is not
   our intention and that the purpose of the group is simply to
   ensure that UBL documents contain the information needed to
   support standards like ISO 20022.  Is there anything we can do
   to make this clearer?

   PB/TonyC: No, this is an educational issue.

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

   See Pacific call minutes.

   ACTION (3/5): JB to prepare copyright guidelines.

      PB: We also need this.  Our materials are published under
      the Creative Commons license.

      ACTION (5/28): JB to finish this up within the next two
      weeks.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   RESERVE HOTEL ROOM NOW FOR AUGUST MEETING IN MONTRÉAL.  You can
   always cancel later.  JB has booked at the Europa; ZR has
   booked at the Marriott; others?

   PB: Planning to attend.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Regular schedule.

UBL 2.0 NDR EDITORIAL REVIEW (TRACKING)

   We need to add a section on code list metadata; see

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200803/msg00001.html

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC