ubl message

Subject: Rules for UBL Regional Localization Subcommittees

Hello UBL TC,

We have now reviewed the new Rules for UBL Regional
Localization Subcommittees proposed on 10 August:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200908/msg00011.html

And we have accepted changes discussed at the Montreal F2F and in
the TC meeting of 9 September:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200909/msg00009.html

I believe that we are now in agreement on the revised set of rules
below, so I hereby put it to you for approval.

If you approve adoption of the Rules for Regional Localization
Subcommittees below, do nothing.

If you are a voting member of the UBL TC and you object to
adoption of these rules, signify by posting your objection to the
UBL list no later than COB Thursday 17 September 2009.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

RULES FOR UBL REGIONAL LOCALIZATION SUBCOMMITTEES

1. Each UBL regional localization subcommittee shall operate in
    the languages used in the target region and shall meet on a
    schedule optimized for members living in the target region.

2. UBL regional localization subcommittees shall report in English
    at every face-to-face UBL TC meeting and also by email to the
    UBL TC as required to keep the TC informed of substantive
    developments.

3. The essential tasks of a UBL regional localization subcommittee
    shall be as follows:

    a. To promote the use of UBL in the target region.

    b. To publicize UBL in the target region while coordinating with
       OASIS communications staff as appropriate.

    c. To propose extensions to UBL to accommodate regional legal
       and business practices.

    d. To review translations of UBL specifications, documentation,
       data terms, and data definitions into the languages used in
       the target region and to convey regional input to the
       language-specific localization subcommittees responsible for
       those translations.

    e. To assist the UBL Human Interface Subcommittee in the
       creation of region-specific input and output formatting
       specifications.

4. UBL regional localization subcommittees shall additionally be
    authorized (but not required) to perform the following
    functions:

    a. Build and maintain a UBL web site focused on the target
       region within the oasis-open.org domain.

    b. Hold UBL workshops and other UBL-related activities in the
       target region.

    c. Conduct studies of actual and potential UBL use in the
       target region for input to the UBL TC.

5. In all respects not covered by these special rules, regional
    localization subcommittees shall be bound by the standing rules
    for UBL technical committees and all relevant OASIS policies
    (for example, TC Process, IPR Policy, and Media Relations
    Policy).