ubl message

Subject: Re: Making references

At 2009-11-30 18:13 +0100, JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino wrote:
>G. Ken Holman ha scritto:
>>And, anyway, ext:UBLExtension/cbc:ID is optional and as I
>>understand the signature requirement the associated identifier is
>>mandatory, so the cardinality is inappropriate.
>Of course as UBLExtensions are free noone can impose a cardinality
>on all the IDs, this is why we are going to provide a profile where
>it is described how an enveloped signature can be expressed into UBLExtensions.

I disagree.  We are going to provide both a profile and a schema for
use under the extension point.  We cannot supply a schema that
changes the cardinality of ext:UBLExtension/cbc:ID to be
mandatory.  We can supply a schema that specifies the cardinality of
sig:Signature/cbc:ID to be mandatory.

>We are not changing structures we are recommending a base profile to
>ensure the use of UBL with enveloped signature will be interoperable
>and driven by this guide. (of course we do not specify specific
>XAdES settings this is up to the implementers and communities)

Agreed ... but we can also publish a schema with which users can
validate the use of sig:Signature in an instance with a signature.

>>And, finally, if we go with a wrapper aggregate then the top-level
>>of the extension is under UBL security committee control and not
>>DSIG control (in case we decide we want to add more information
>>other than a mandatory cbc:ID).
>Okay so you suggest to provide a more specific container inside the
>generic extension container...
>I am not sure we need to add further information... the
>cac:Signature has already many info that are already the domain of XAdES.

I was only adding the referential component since we cannot use
ds:Signature/@id as the referential component (because of the lexical
space of cbc:ID).

More details are in another response this morning.

--
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc