ubl message

Subject: SGTG snapshot of draft UBL 2.1 spreadsheets, code lists and schemas

I've just created a draft package of the SGTG subset of distribution
directories:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=36796

... according to the latest SGTG strategy document found here:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201001/msg00009.html

The package label is prefixed "UBL-SGTG-" so as to distinguish the
ZIP from a bona-fide release ZIP.

What is missing are:

  - the updated code lists for UBL 2.1 (action: Tony, TSC, PSC)
    - default/ - three related to UN/CEFACT supplementary components
                 are there
               - missing are those for qualified code list data
                 types that are updated from UBL 2.0
    - special-purpose/ - one related to UN/CEFACT supplementary
                         components is there
                       - missing are those recommended by PSC and TSC
                         for inclusion for our users' convenience
  - the updated code list templates (action: Ken)
  - the entities genericode file (action: Ken)
  - updated XML example instances (action: TSC, PSC)
  - any cosmetics suggested by UBL TC members for consideration
    - e.g. column widths, embedded comments, etc.

What is there are:

  - normative massaged spreadsheets with common look-and-feel
    - note that the conversion to Excel does not preserve the freeze panes
      or initial cursor location
  - normative first-pass-validation massaged schemas
  - non-normative second-pass-validation XSLT stylesheet
    - limited only by the selection of code lists to be completed later
  - fully-running val/ directory demonstrating the new artefacts in use

It is important for TC members to very carefully review all of the
artefacts in this package.  Except for the exceptions above, I have
no other unaddressed issues to be fixed.  When it comes time to build
a bona-fide release, I will press the proverbial button and generate
this ZIP for Jon to include in his distribution without any changes,
thus satisfying these directories in total:

   cl
   cva
   mod
   val
   xml
   xsd
   xsdrt

Therefore it is important that any problems that are found are
addressed in my automated processes so that no human intervention is
required to build the above directories.

Many thanks to Fulya and Suat for their assistance in addressing our
many requirements.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:      after http://XMLPrague.cz 2010-03-15/19
XSLT/XQuery training:         San Carlos, California 2010-04-26/30