ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] URGENT - inconsistent name components found in latest additions

yes i am with you on this Ken.

On 13/05/13 4:39 PM, G. Ken Holman wrote:
Folks, in my work today I ran a new test and I found an inconsistency in our latest additions to the model.

The new "TenderEnvelopeID" as different qualifications in two uses:
  Tender Preparation. Tender_ Envelope Identifier. Identifier
  Tendered Project. Tender Envelope Identifier. Identifier

And the new "TenderEnvelopeTypeCode" has the same inconsistent qualifications:
  Tender Preparation. Tender_ Envelope Type Code. Code
  Tendered Project. Tender Envelope Type Code. Code

Usually in our model when the same BBIE is in two different ABIEs, they are qualified in the same manner. These are inconsistent.

If it were left to me, I would say the possessive nouns are (respectively) "Tender Envelope" and "Tender Envelope Type" as I'm guessing (but I don't know) that a "Tender Envelope" is not just another kind of envelope but is something that people recognize as a noun. Since it isn't just another kind of envelope, it should not be qualified as a "Tender_ Envelope" but should be as it is known as a "Tender Envelope".

I will proceed that way unless someone quickly corrects me.

Thank you for your guidance on this.

. . . . . . . . Ken

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |