ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 25 February 2015 15:00UTC

AGENDA FOR ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 25 FEBRUARY 2015 15:00UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2015-02-25T15:00:00

CONFERENCING INFO

   https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/714594514

   Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is
   recommended. Or call in using your telephone.

   Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 1944
   Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 0034
   Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 9321
   Canada: +1 (647) 977-5956
   Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 80 05
   Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1746
   France: +33 (0) 182 880 780
   Germany: +49 (0) 892 2061 159
   Ireland: +353 (0) 15 290 180
   Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 58
   Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 908 267
   New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 442 7358
   Norway: +47 21 54 32 44
   Spain: +34 911 23 0850
   Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 612
   Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0006 96
   United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0611
   United States: +1 (773) 945-1031

   Access Code: 714-594-514
   Meeting ID: 714-594-514
   Audio PIN (deprecated): Shown after joining the meeting

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
     - no events to add at this time

   Review of Pacific call minutes (copied below as agenda items)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201502/msg00021.html

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201502/msg00019.html

   Membership status review
     https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

     - voting status is determined by the following:
       - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
         maintain voting status
       - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
         voting status
     - committee officers (alphabetical):
       - Jon Bosak (secretary)
       - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
       - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
     - current voting member list (alphabetical):
       - Oriol Bausa
       - Kenneth Bengtsson
       - Kees Duvekot
       - Martin Forsberg
       - G. Ken Holman
       - Ole Madsen
       - Tim McGrath
       - Andy Schoka

   - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share in the work?

   Web site maintenance (committee web site or UBL.xml.org)
    - the question arose regarding how to get email notifications of postings
      made to UBL.xml.org
      - Tim to find ways for UBL.xml.org to feed social media
    - UBL.xml.org needs to revisit the editorial board members and their
      section assignments
      - http://ubl.xml.org/editorial-board-and-editorial-policies
      - please notify Ken and Tim of your interest in helping
      - once we get new participants we will meet to discuss revamping the
        site
    - how better to get a higher profile on the www.oasis-open.org web site?
      - how can we position UBL to make it easier for people looking for
        it without knowing its name, emphasizing it is an eBusiness standard

ISO/IEC DIS 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

  - as of the posting of this agenda the stage remains at 40.60

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=66370

- OASIS has forwarded to JTC 1 the proposed disposition of comments and OASIS
    is awaiting the response from JTC 1

UBL Maintenance Governance Procedures Version 1.0

  - tracking this as https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-11
  - no updates yet from the latest working draft

     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=55016

  - awaiting revised text and rearranged sections from Tim

UBL Guidelines for Mapping IFTM UN/EDIFACT Messages Version 1.0

  - tracking this as https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-12
  - no updates yet from the latest working draft:

    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=55074

  - awaiting revised text from Tim
    - note that there are still edits to footers in the attachment that we
      know need to be done
    - need a new section 4 about the attachment that describes it and explains
      the typographic conventions used
    - heading for 4.2.2 needs to be repaired

UBL Naming and Design Rules Version 3.0

  - tracking this as https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-6
  - request to mount CSD01:

    https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2069

  - request to start public review draft:

    https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2070

  - a set of changes for the cover page has been given to Ken to incorporate
    that will not require committee review or vote as they are administrative
    and not substantive

JIRA tickets
    https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670 (note that the view can
be changed using the box icon at top right; the list view provides the most
    summary information, without the detail view obscuring the screen space)
    - when creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components
      by how they are described to be used as categories:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel

UBL TC next steps

   - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
   - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

   - what do we do for implementation support?
   - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
   - industry-specific documentation?
   - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
     specification

   - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

   - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
     - is there a need for XML equivalents to the container messages?
       - http://www.smdg.org/itigg/downloads/
       - Tim is already addressing the ITFM** messages, the question
         here is about the CO**** messages
       - we haven't seen any requests from people wanting XML for containers

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

  Next meetings:

    2015-02-25 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-03-04 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

  Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
  privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

  TC calendar:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

  TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50