ubl message

Subject: First draft of UBL 2.4 CSD01WD01 prepared

Fellow UBL TC members,

Further to our last TC call, I have tested more of the "sad paths" through the GitHub build process where errors are triggered, rather than just the "happy paths" of a successful result.

With thanks to Cécile, I have updated the README documentation hopefully to direct editors, subcommittee chairs, and other contributors better. I apologize that it is such a long document, but I'm trying to ensure I've included all the nitty-gritty details important to all contributors as an aspect of disaster planning if I'm unavailable.

Lastly, I have gone through the headaches of updating the build process and hub document to a basic (and unchecked!) UBL 2.4 that can be used as a starting point for the next stage of our work. The OMD subcommittee *should* be able to spin off their own repository branch at this point and begin their changes. I made the effort only to ensure self-consistency in referencing 2.4 artefacts. Please let me know when you find issues to be fixed that you think are not your responsibility.

Note, however, that my latest work has not been checked into the "review" branch because we still need that branch to complete the "OS" publication of UBL 2.3. When that is done I will fold the "ubl-2.4-csd01wd01" branch into the review branch.

Oh, and remember, please, that Kenneth and I will be making changes to the specification text for ISO publication purposes that will be folded into UBL 2.4. When that is done it may be a bit finicky to integrate the two parallel works, but I will help you with that. Please keep track of what changes you are making.

So, for now, please use the "ubl-2.4-csd01wd01" branch to progress with UBL 2.4 branches:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/ubl/tree/ubl-2.4-csd01wd01

I have archived this first UBL 2.4 revision so that nothing is lost in today's changes (and the next revision will be csd01wd02):

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=68683

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |