ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] First draft of UBL 2.4 CSD01WD01 prepared

Great work, Ken! Thank you!

From: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org <ubl@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Friday, May 28, 2021 at 10:47 PM
To: Universal Business Language <ubl@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [ubl] First draft of UBL 2.4 CSD01WD01 prepared

Fellow UBL TC members,

Further to our last TC call, I have tested more
of the "sad paths" through the GitHub build
process where errors are triggered, rather than
just the "happy paths" of a successful result.

With thanks to Cécile, I have updated the README
documentation hopefully to direct editors,
subcommittee chairs, and other contributors
better. I apologize that it is such a long
document, but I'm trying to ensure I've included
all the nitty-gritty details important to all
contributors as an aspect of disaster planning if I'm unavailable.

Lastly, I have gone through the headaches of
updating the build process and hub document to a
basic (and unchecked!) UBL 2.4 that can be used
as a starting point for the next stage of our
work. The OMD subcommittee *should* be able to
spin off their own repository branch at this
point and begin their changes. I made the effort
only to ensure self-consistency in referencing
2.4 artefacts. Please let me know when you find
issues to be fixed that you think are not your responsibility.

Note, however, that my latest work has not been
checked into the "review" branch because we still
need that branch to complete the "OS" publication
of UBL 2.3. When that is done I will fold the
"ubl-2.4-csd01wd01" branch into the review branch.

Oh, and remember, please, that Kenneth and I will
be making changes to the specification text for
ISO publication purposes that will be folded into
UBL 2.4. When that is done it may be a bit
finicky to integrate the two parallel works, but
I will help you with that. Please keep track of what changes you are making.

So, for now, please use the "ubl-2.4-csd01wd01"
branch to progress with UBL 2.4 branches:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/ubl/tree/ubl-2.4-csd01wd01

I have archived this first UBL 2.4 revision so
that nothing is lost in today's changes (and the
next revision will be csd01wd02):

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=68683

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |