Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Basic Profile Version 1.0 - Working Group Draft

Working group draft states:
    All XML Processors must support UTF-8 and UTF-16, per the XML 1.0
specification.

According to this statement, UTF-16 support is mandated by XML 1.0.  If
that is correct, then we cannot claim that UDDI Web Service is a true
XML Web Service - it is a service supporting only a subset of XML
expressed in UTF-8.

This certainly implies that some errata is required to correct the
problem - the question is whether we amend the specifications to clearly
indicate that UDDI is not in compliance with XML 1.0 (and therefore with
WS-I Basic Profile) or whether we become XML-compliant with respect to
the UTF-16 issue.

Daniel Feygin
UnitSpace