Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] WSDL Subcommittee

John,

The idea of a "standing subcommittee" is a good one. On your second
point, it was an oversight to not include TNs and BPs as a subcommittee
deliverable. On your third point, I see how the text suggests that the
author is not a member of the subcommittee; this was not the intent and
should be rephased.

We should discuss this during today's call; to that end, Tom has added
this to the agenda.

Luc

-----Original Message-----
From: John Colgrave [mailto:colgrave@hursley.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 01:34
To: uddi-spec

I propose that we create a standing subcommittee that will deal with
items relating to UDDI and WSDL, rather than creating a team to work on
the V1 BP, the V2 TN etc.  I propose myself and Karsten Januszewski as
co-chairs of this subcommittee.

In addition, I propose that our process be amended to allow a
subcommittee such as the proposed WSDL subcommittee to produce BPs and
TNs, in addition to specification components.  Currently, the BP/TN
process only describes roles for the two editors and the authors, and
the assumption seems to be that the authors are not members of the
committee.

John Colgrave
IBM