Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Comments on future intentions for V3

Title: RE: [uddi-spec] Comments on future intentions for V3

OOPS!

Sorry, if I should have said this at the face-to-face today and didn't. But it is my opinion that when UDDI.org turned V3 over to OASIS it did so with the intent that V3 was a completed specification that needed implementation and blessing as an OASIS Specification. Of course ERRATA are a normal maintenance function...but ENHANCEMENT is not.

I agreed to  blur this distinction with the addition of UTF-16 support to V3, but few items on the long list we built this afternoon are appropriate additions to V3; rather they are considerations for a possible UDDI V4.

Am I the only one confused by this discussion???

Mike DeNicola
Fujitsu