Subject: [uddi-spec] [WSDL TN] More thoughts on service/port mappings

I've been thinking more about the service/port mappings.

Why do we need the WSDL location, the namespace, and the local names
captured for ALL service/ports? And why do we need to know the WSDL Entity
Type?

Is there a reason why users need to be able to access the deployment WSDL as
opposed to just the binding WSDL?

I understand the requirement to support the wsdlDeployment option in UDDI
V2. In this situation, you need the WSDL location, the namespace, and the
local name of the specific port. But I can't see why we need the local names
of the service or of other ports. And I can't see why we need to capture any
of this information if the service provider doesn't want to use the
wsdlDeployment option.

In the following excerpt from
2.4.3 wsdl:service --> uddi:businessService
·  The businessService MUST contain a categoryBag, and the
   categoryBag MUST contain at least the following
   keyedReference elements:
   1.  A keyedReference with a tModelKey of the WSDL Entity
       Type taxonomy and a keyValue of “service”.
   2.  A keyedReference with a tModelKey of the XML Namespace
       taxonomy and a keyValue of the target namespace of the
       wsdl:definitions element that contains the wsdl:service.
   3.  A keyedReference with a tModelKey of the XML Local Name
       taxonomy and a keyValue that is the value of the name
       attribute of the wsdl:service.

Shouldn't #2 be MAY -- to be used only in the case of wsdlDeployment?
Do we need #1 and #3 at all?

In the following excerpt from
2.4.4 wsdl:port --> uddi:bindingTemplate
·  The bindingTemplate tModelInstanceDetails element MUST
   contain at least the following tModelInstanceInfo elements:
   1. A tModelInstanceInfo with a tModelKey of the tModel that
      models the wsdl:binding that this port implements. The
      instanceParms of this tModelInstanceInfo MUST contain the
      wsdl:port local name.
   2. A tModelInstanceInfo with a tModelKey of the tModel that
      models the wsdl:portType.
   3. A tModelInstanceInfo with a tModelKey of the WSDL URL
      Reference tModel. The instanceParms of this
      tModelInstanceInfo MUST contain the URL of the WSDL file
      that describes the wsdl:port.

Shouldn't #3 be MAY -- to be used in the case of wsdlDeployment
And wouldn't it be more convenient to specify the WSDL location
in the businessService (once) rather than on each bindingTemplate?

Anne Thomas Manes
617-497-1748 (land)
617-642-3144 (mobile)