Subject: [uddi-spec] Re: OASIS UDDI TC Submission of UDDI V2 as an OASISStandard

Tom, Luc:

When did the TC conduct a public review? I'm not aware of this having
happpened, and I don't recall seeing any announcements to the members.
Making the spec "available for review" isn't the same as conducting a
review. The wording of the Process is as follows:

"Before the TC can submit its Committee Specification to OASIS
membership for review and approval as an OASIS Standard, the TC must
conduct a public review of the work. The decision by the TC to submit
the work for review requires a majority vote. The review should be
publicized on applicable OASIS mail lists and other public mail lists.
Review must take place for a minimum of 30 days, during which time no
changes may be made to the document. Comments must be collected via the
TC’s public comment list. The TC must record the comments received as
well as the resolution of those comments."

If you did indeed conduct a formal public review then I'll start
processing your submission, but I can't do this unless I see that a
review took place.

-Karl

Tom Bellwood wrote:

> Karl,
>
> Luc Clement and myself, acting on behalf of the OASIS UDDI TC, are hereby
> officially submitting the OASIS UDDI V2 Specification for consideration by
> the OASIS Membership as an OASIS Standard.   The OASIS UDDI V2
> Specification has been available for review for approximately 3 months
> without feedback resulting in further changes.  We, the UDDI TC, therefore
> feel that the UDDI V2 Specification is ready to progress to an OASIS
> Standard.  This  action was approved by an over 2/3 favorable vote of the
> entire TC membership, without dissent, in a vote taken 9/13/2002.   The
> attendant documentation for this submission is publicly available, via the
> links below.   Please let us know if anything else needs to be done to move
> this work forward for vote.
>
> Links to the V2 Specification and related Documents are available at:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/tcspecs.shtml#uddiv2
>
> The documents included are:
>
>       UDDI Version 2 API Specification
>       UDDI Version 2 Data Structure Reference
>       UDDI Version 2 XML Schema
>       UDDI Version 2 Replication Specification
>       UDDI Version 2 XML Replication Schema
>       UDDI Version 2 XML Custody Schema
>       UDDI Version 2 Operator's Specification
>       UDDI Version 2 WSDL Service Interface Descriptions
>       UDDI Version 2 tModels
>

> Public Statements on the part of member companies or organizations
> indicating successful use of the UDDI V2 Specification:
>
>>From Fujitsu:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200211/msg00157.html
>
>>From IBM:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200211/msg00072.html