Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] RE: OASIS UDDI TC Submission of UDDI V2 as an OASISStandard

Apparently that resolution was not compliant with the OASIS process -
our agreement alone is not sufficient criteria for submission.  Indeed
the lack of publicly solicited review would appear to bypass an
important element of the principle of openness advocated by OASIS and
supposedly embodied in the process.  I cannot disagree with Mr. Best's
observation that the committee failed to follow specified rules.

Perhaps UDDI Spec TC Process document needs to be reviewed to identify
potential impact and to account for it, so we do not face a similar
situation again.

The only reason for exception to the process OASIS might be in a
position to find acceptable is that public availability of UDDI V2
documents was PR-ed all over news media and trade publications.  Public
comment was provided through means available at the time (public mailing
lists).  This was done outside the framework of the OASIS process, but
nonetheless it can be argued that the TC fulfilled the principles and
the intent of the OASIS process by acting "in the spirit" of the process
prior to UDDI's transition to OASIS.

Daniel

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200211/msg00072.html

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200211/msg00076.html