Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Use of UDDI.org as a means of promoting TC, UBR, Std Group and Consortium tModels and Value Sets

At 07:20 AM 2003-05-15, Von Riegen, Claus wrote:
>Proposed criteria for highlighting on uddi.org:
>1.  tModel published in UBR
>2.  tModel categoryBag includes uddi-org:types "categorization"
>3.  tModel categoryBag includes either uddi-org:types "checked" or "unchecked"
>4.  tModel overviewURL is not a broken link or empty.
>5.  tModel overviewURL retrieval returns an "appropriate" representation
>(see below)
>
><CvR>Your items 4. and 5. are a sensible extension to the list I included
>in my response to Luc's initial request. However, item 5. is really hard
>to check programmatically.</CvR>

Could check "appropriateness" manually.

UDDI Spec TC would do the check, then record the results somewhere.  Other
could do the same check (manually, or with tools) and come up with the same
list.

I like the idea of a businessEntity for the UDDI Spec TC, which could have
a binding with fingerprints that include the set of tModelKeys of the
approved taxonomies.

Probably want separate bindings for taxonomy tModels, relationship types, etc.

Could be a general model for third-party approval.

Paul