Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Groups - uddi-spec-tc-cr042-caseFoldFindQualifiers-20030717.doc uploaded

I support this idea, but I would prefer to express it differently.

This CR places "Both tModelKeys and short names are expressed without
regard to case." before the statement "Find qualifiers may be either
tModelKeys or may be referenced by a string containing a "short name".".
That is referring to the form that the find qualifiers take before
defining that form. I would recommend placing the change rather further
down the paragraph. I would replace: "Registries MUST support both
forms." with "Registries MUST support both forms, and MUST accept the
find qualifiers case-insensitively.". I think this reads more smoothly,
and makes it clear that the server is the one supporting the
case-insensitivity. If people felt strongly enough, we could add
something about clients being expected to use the case-sensitive form if
they wish to communicate with V2 servers, but I'm not sure that's
necessary.

Tony Rogers
tony.rogers@ca.com

-----Original Message-----
From: claus.von.riegen@sap.com [mailto:claus.von.riegen@sap.com]
Sent: Thursday, 17 July 2003 18:37
To: uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [uddi-spec] Groups -
uddi-spec-tc-cr042-caseFoldFindQualifiers-20030717.doc uploaded

The document uddi-spec-tc-cr042-caseFoldFindQualifiers-20030717.doc has
been submitted by Claus von Riegen (claus.von.riegen@sap.com) to the
UDDI Specification TC document repository.

Document Description:
Please review this new CR. I'd like to put it on next week's agenda.

Thanks,

 Claus

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/download.php/2920
/uddi-spec-tc-cr042-caseFoldFindQualifiers-20030717.doc

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/document.php?docu
ment_id=2920

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
paste

-OASIS Open Administration

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/members/leave_wor
kgroup.php