Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Changes to UDDI Schemas and WSDL to support code generation

> > Bear in mind that JAX-RPC was initially designed to support
> > RPC/encoded and
> > not Document/Literal. The sample serialization framework
> > defined in the
> > current version of JAX-RPC (the first Appendix -- describing
> > the JAX-RPC RI
> > serialization framework) is based on SOAP Encoding -- not
> > full XML Schema.
>
> Which makes me question whether JAX-RPC is applicable to any WS-I
> compliant WebService (given that these are document/literal using full
> XML Schema rather than RPC/SOAP Encoding), and I understand UDDI to be
> WS-I compliant?

Let's try to clarify a few points here.

First of all, we should use JAX-RPC 1.1 as a reference point, not JAX-RPC 1.0. Among other things, the latest version of JAX-RPC has been modified to support WS-I, and it will be the version required by J2EE 1.4.

Sec. 6.4 of JAX-RPC now states: "The JAX-RPC specification requires support for rpc and document style operations with the literal use".

The first Appendix, "XML Schema Support", has also been modified, and we should double check whether the mapping problems encountered in JAX-RPC 1.0 are still present in 1.1. (It looks like there is still a little bit of contradiction with R2800 from the WS-I Basic Profile 1.0, since the JAX-RPC 1.1 Appendix still says "Any XML data types not listed in this section are not required to be supported by a JAX-RPC implementation").

Ugo