Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] UBR Woes

Matthew,

The problem with the redirect taking you to the wrong sign-up page has been fixed on our site.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other problems or questions about the IBM UBR site.

Regards,

Andrew Hately
IBM Software Group, Emerging Technologies
email: hately@us.ibm.com
phone: (512) 838-2866

"Matthew J. Dovey" <matthew.dovey@oucs.ox.ac.uk>

11/03/2004 05:38 AM

<uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[uddi-spec] UBR Woes

At the FTF, I mentioned am issue with the Microsoft UBR, in that it
didn't seem possible to add a Keywords to a businessEntity in the web
based interface (which is something which would have been useful in a
presentation later this week). I did send this as a question to the UBR
operators via the web form. After a month I got a response that I didn't
need to add new keywords to the keyword category since this was an open
list, which didn't exactly help - I've resent the query, hopefully being
more explicit in what the issue is, but haven't heard back (but then it
has only been a few weeks).

I thought I would try the Microsoft V3 UDDI in case that worked. I
created an account fine. Activated it as per the e-mail. Tried added a
new "Provider", and got an error: Exception of type
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

Fine, I thought I'd try IBM's UDDI v2 registry. The link to create a new
account for both the v2 live and v2 test registries takes me to a page
which says "Our apologies... The page you requested can not be
displayed"

Not looking good.

The IBM UDDI v3 page did give me a link which took me to some
registration pages. However, it was impossible to fill in the required
fields unless you live in the US. I just about fitted my phone number
into the fields designed for US telephones, put the first 5 letters of
my postcode in the Zip field, and decided the Oxford would be in Alabama
for the sake of filling in the state field. That seemed to work, but
when I tried to use this (somewhat falsified) account to log in, I got a
response "The login information provided is not for a registered user"

Over to SAP.

UDDI v2 registry - creating an account gave a "connection to host
172.16.98.163, service sapgw01 timed out / CPI-C error CM_RES" (twice,
so gave up)

UDDI v3 registry - attempted to register an account but got an error
"Service call excpetion; nested exception is:
com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCod
eException: Invalid Response Code (401) Client must provide a valid
X.509 certificate).

So having drawn a blank on all the UBR registries, I think I'm going to
give up...

Matthew Dovey
Oxford University