uima message

Subject: Status of TC?

To David and members of the UIMA TC:

The TC seems to have become dormant since approving UIMA 1.0 as an OASIS Standard. That is certainly a significant achievement, and it may well be that the TC wishes to declare victory and close.

OASIS rules require that I shut down any TC that has had no activity for 6 months; I am derelict in that duty.

Does the TC wish to continue? If yes, you will need to hold a meeting at least once every six months. The TC can also vote to close. If no action is taken I will be forced to close the TC.

Please discuss on the list and let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.