uoml-discuss message

Subject: Re: Re: [uoml-discuss] UOML discuss subject one - ProposedUOML TC Name& Statement of Purpose

Hi Alex

Glad to see that UOML has got to this stage. Elsewhere
W3C Schema is used along with RelaxNG as well. It is
then a matter of consideration to just use aspects of
RelaxNG that can be copied in W3C XML Schema too.
A variation on this is to use primarily RelaxNG but only
those aspects that can be copied in W3C XML Schema,
at least until the use of RelaxNG becomes more
widespread. Are there likely to be future minor versions
of the schemas which have to be shown to be backwards
compatible with previous major versions? That could be a
factor to think about early on in deciding this issue.

Are the initial schemas available anywhere? The would
help in getting to understand the scope of the UOML
effort.

All the best

Stephen Green

>>> "Wang Donglin" <dlwang@sursen.com> 07/09/06 13:29:24 >>>
Thanks for Charles's suggestion.
UOML is based on XML schema now. I am worry about whether XML tools(e.g. XMLspy) support RelaxNG. In fact, some OASIS TCs use XML Schema too.
I need more instruction on this topic.

-Alex