uoml-x message

Subject: RE: [uoml-x] FW: About the teleconference

From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:28 AM
To: stephen.green@documentengineeringservices.com
Cc: 'Alex Wang'; 'James Bryce Clark'; lns@sursen.com

-----Original Message-----
From: stephengreenubl@gmail.com [mailto:stephengreenubl@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Stephen Green
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 13:04
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: Alex Wang; James Bryce Clark; lns@sursen.com; UOML-X Comment

Hi Dennis

That wouldn't be any good for me - almost always would conflict with 'day
job'. More feasible for me (living in UK) is the night or early morning
call. The night call fits better with US (from west to east) whereas the 5am
(UK) fits best with me if there are no America attendees.

Best regards

Steve

2009/1/17 Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>:
> I think I may be the only observer/member on the US West Coast, so
> there
is
> another arrangement that might work (and you should not make special
effort
> accommodate me, since my interest is entirely as a by-stander).
>
> For those committees that have participants from the US West all the
> way around the globe to Beijing, we find that conference calls around
> 14:00
GMT
> (06:00 am PST) have the Eastern US and Europe during day-time hours
> (but
it
> is late evening in Beijing).  We do this for ODF TC and OIC TC, both
> of which have members in Beijing.  Indeed, we will not have calls
> during the Chinese New Year holiday just as we do not have calls for
> national holiday periods in North America and Europe.  While 6 am is
> apparently not a favorite time for software developers in the US, I
> have the advantage of working from an office in my home.  It is not so
> difficult so long as I am not foolish and stay up too late the night
before.

> I have a near-conflict (15:00GMT) on 01-19 (ODF TC) although if there
> is a toll-free number for the US I would observe your 01-19 call at
> whatever
time
> you have it.  (January 19 in the US is the celebration of the birth of
> Martin Luther King, Jr., although it is not the kind of holiday that
> has most businesses closed.  That is also the case for the special
> historical day that January 20 is this year.)
>
> Cordially,
>
>  - Dennis
>
> Dennis E. Hamilton
> NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
> mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
> http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org

Behalf

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2009&month=1&;