Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] vsock: define a maximum size for the packet data

On 3/28/22 14:14, Stefano Garzarella wrote:

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 10:58 AM Loghin, Laura <lauralg@amazon.com> wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for the super late reply! I just sent the patch for the `len` description [1].

Regarding the max size for the packet data, the proposal for adding a field in the config space sounds good to me. What would be some next steps here? Should I send a patch for this one as well?
Yes, please.

From what I understand, we would define a new feature for the max size, and
add a new field in the config space. Did I misunderstand it?
That's what I would do :-)
When the feature is negotiated, then the driver should not send
packets and allocate RX buffers larger than that size.

Thanks,
Stefano

Hi,

I just sent a patch for the max size config field: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/virtio-comment/202204/msg00010.html.
It mostly follows the spec format for MTU. For the max value I used for now the one defined in linux, but should we actually go with a higher one?

Thank you,
Laura

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.