Subject: Re: [virtio] new entry in VirtIO TC

On Tue, Sep 21 2021, "Lautier, Pierre-Jean" <Pierre-Jean.Lautier@harman.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
> I am Pierre-Jean Lautier, Pierre-Jean Heading the Harman virtualization solution development. We just entered in this VirtIO TC in order to contribute to the evolution of "this standard" with all of you.
> Upon Michael's recommendation I send this message to the community because it is a bit unclear to me how things are discussed, how people communicate  and how we can actively contribute in this TC.
> Can someone help me?
> BR
> PJ

Welcome to the TC!

Most of the discussion is happening on the virtio-comment and
virtio-dev lists (both hosted at OASIS as well.) The former has mostly
discussions around the spec per se, while the latter also has a lot of
Linux-development related discussions.

There are sometimes more generic email threads around some topic, but
mostly people post patches against the spec and those are
reviewed/discussed on the lists. You are of course welcome to join in
any of those reviews and discussions. If you have something you'd like
to discuss, feel free to open a new thread or post some patches for
discussion. (Probably best cross-posted to the comment and/or dev lists,
as that makes it possible for other people to join in.)

Voting on proposals is mostly only a final rubberstamp to actually
include things (although sometimes new discussions start from there.)